1.4: some culture shock from 1.2 longtime user

Hi,

I just did a major upgrade from 1.2.26 to 1.4.23 and quite a lot has changed...  So I had a couple quick questions on where things are, and how to do some stuff I could do before.

- Where have projects gone?  Or are they just under a different name and I don't recognize them anymore?
- AP add transaction (and AR add transaction): Vendors/Customers (name) used to be dropdown menu in 1.2, it is now just an empty box... and we find that workflow is impacted because we have to do an extra update to get vendor name in there.  What was the reasoning behind removing the dropdown?  Can this be configured to appear as dropdown?

Thanks,
Michael Kers