Re: Exchange Rates

Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
    > It's horribly broken. I too use that workaround, but better yet, I'm working
    > on resolving the issue completely: that is, to make sure the exchange rates
    > get stored per transaction. Or rather, we'll start storing a local and a
    > foreign currency amount. Anybody who wants to know the rate can probably do
    > the math themselves.

Huzzah!!!  My CC bill tells me the two numbers, and I have no idea what
rounding rules they apply, and the wire transfer people do some other
thing...

One of the things I'd like to have on the reconcilliation page is the ability
to enter per-transaction fees (including monthly fees and interest).  So that
if I invoice $1000, and I'm paid by wire-transfer, I usually get $992.50.
So I wind up entering a bank transaction fee of $7.50, which is fine, but I
wish I could do it in one place, and associate the two things.  It also gets
messier if there is an FX involved as well, and sometimes the 7.50 is in the
FX...

    > I hit this issue too, plus I can never remember whether the Exchange Rate
    > box in ledgersmb is from or to the default currency, which adds to the
    > scope for human error. In 1.4.10 I've seen some unexpected numbers after
    > trying to reverse such a transaction, which is what is driving me to dig
    > deeper. I'll file bug reports if I find a problem.

:-) :-) :-)
I resemble that remark.

    > Same here. If the fundraiser gets enough funds (and I finish the job), we'll
    > do the math in the screen so you can see the outcome and be the judge of what
    > the correct rate is or simply enter both numbers.

Woohoo!!!!
I also have some javascript totals that I'd like to add.
My struggle in getting up to 1.4.12 was in part so that I could run closer to
bleeding edge, so that when I patch something for myself, it will be easier
to push upstream.

I also would love to have a G+ screen share to learn how you guys are doing
testing...

]     ..hidden..  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [