Bookstore part handling

We have a tiny little book business.

We ONLY have one of each part. If we sell a book, buy the same book back,
it will have a new number. Collectibles aren't like widgets in that
regard.

Historically the workflow was: obtain book, accession it, add purchase
information to ledgersmb and add the new book as a new part using the
accession number as the partnumber.

We need to improve our inventory handling.

Basically, we need to be able to enter a book and purchase information,
mark the book as _on order_ or _recieved_. When the book is described and
accessioned in the bibliography system, we need to mark the book as
inventory, attach the accession number and the author/title information to
the book for future sales invoices. The COGS needs to apply to just that
one book.

Has anyone else got a similar part-workflow? Or ideas on how to best use
ledgersmb for this workflow?

Louis