login problem

Hi
I have a strange problem and the solution is probably obvious -but I can't see it.
I can not login into LedgerSMB from the server machine but I can from other machines.
ie if I am using 127.0.0.1/ledgersmb I get the login screen - enter user, pass and company, another "Authentication Required" user,pass box opens, if I re-enter the user,pass it still will not let me in.
If I login from another machine then there is no problem.

I checked my .conf file and 127.0.0.1 is on the list of Require ip

what am I missing?

Bill