Export/Import migration 1.3.x to 1.4.x

I have a fairly messed up database with my 1.3.x lsmb. It has data going
back to 1997 which has been migrated from QuickBooks to SQL-Ledger to
LedgerSMB 1.2 to LedgerSMB 1.3 (which exposed many of these issues).

Rather than trying to upgrade the data in-place, I suspect it would be
better to export from 1.3 and import into 1.4 to help get a cleaner
database.

It may also be useful to roll up the detail from say, 1997 to 12/31/2009.

Are there tools available for this, am I looking at a consulting gig, or
maybe writing it for myself?

Sign me as, "beginning to sweat"

Louis