Re: Observations on the install of 1.4.0, request for help

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Louis <..hidden..> wrote:

Did the preliminaries and was able to get setup.pl but when asked to
create database I got:

|  Error!
|
|  Base schema failed to load at LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 614.
|
|  dbversion: 1.4.0, company:

It seems that changing permissions on /tmp/ledgersmb got past that

As I going through the setup pages, a little more info would help to make
selections. Which templates to load? xedemo, demo_with_images, demo?
which, what, why?

ok.  Will add this to the INSTALL file.  demo are the basic templates which have always come with LSMB.
xedemo won't work without xelatex and some tweaks to the drivers or modules.  They are mostly used where utf8 input is expected.  demo_with_images displays attached images in an invoice.

Stick with demo unless you know otherwise.

When creating users, knowing which fields are required would help. I don't
normally need my ssn for LedgerSMB. It failed because I hadn't put in an
ssn. There after I was unable to add myself because I was entering a
duplicate. I didn't see anything in the users, user_preference, entity,
person, entity_employee, or entity_other_name tables. So this one is a
puzzlement.

Right.  Related to below.  There's a bug in error handling here.

I dropped the database and started again.

and

Error!

Error from Function:
ERROR: Duplicate user More information has been reported in the error logs
at LedgerSMB.pm line 773.

Filing a bug report.  The application is supposed to catch that and respond appropriately (by displaying a warning, and returning you to the form with the import option selected).

As a workaround check the 'import' box.   Note that users are cluster-global since 1.3 and can be shared between dbs.

dbversion: 1.4.0, company:

Now I need help.

Help,

Louis