Re: Entity usage?

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM, R. Ransbottom <..hidden..> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 06:51:02PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> The way this is currently modelled is that you have entities, which are
> companies or persons, and these have agreements to be employees, vendors,
> and/or customers.  A given individual could be all three in theory.

This was my first thought but lack of multiple 'type's gave me pause.

I am not sure we necessarily need entity_class on entity.  This was initially added to just give an indication as to where an entity entered the system (i.e as a customer, lead, etc).  The actual types are in other tables, like entity_credit_account and entity_employee.

> But you can also do some other things with it.  You can set up automated
> jobs as users which are entities and db users.  This allows you to have
> audit trails which mention which automated job entered data and which human
> approved it.

I like free range thinking like this.  I am restraining myself until I
have an better understanding of the system.

Guess I'll start looking at 1.4.

Thanks,
rir

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more