Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.40-1 for Ubuntu

Vladimir,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Vladimir Botka <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:55:18 -0400
> RJ Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> On 08/06/2014 08:48 AM, RJ Clay wrote:
>> >    It also has already been sync'ed over to Ubuntu, and I'll be
>> > working on backports there as well.
>>
>> Back ported versions of 1.3.40 for Ubuntu v12.04 ('precise') and
>> v14.04 ('trusty') are now available from the LedgerSMB Launchpad PPA:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ledgersmb/+archive/ubuntu/main/+packages

> thank you for the backport and for the heads-up. I've installed
> LedgerSMB on 'trusty' and during the configuration steps (below) I've
> landed with the error message:
> "database: ERROR: syntax error at or near "#" LINE 1: # Configure
> ledgersmb user permissions"
> There are 4 options how to proceed: abort, retry, retry (skip
> questions), ignore.
>
> Would it be possible to help me to figure out how to proceed?

   Would I been correct in thinking that you had it try doing the
configration step?   As noted in the NEWS file, it's experimental and
not enabled by default.  OTOH;  if it is enabled, it's also shouldn't
be coming up with an error.like that.  I'll be taking a look at it
later;  but in the mean time, you might could abort out of that,
attempt the install without enabling that config, then manually
setting the password for the 'ledgersmb' database user as noted in the
README.Debian file.

RJ Clay
..hidden..

> * login of the LedgerSMB database administrative user. This login is
>   needed for the administrative web user interface, typically at
>   http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl : ledgersmb
> * passwd: ledgersmb
> * The ledgersmb package must have a database installed and configured
>   before it can be used.  This can be optionally handled with
>   dbconfig-common.  If you are an advanced database administrator and
>   know that you want to perform this configuration manually, or if your
>   database has already been installed and configured, you should refuse
>   this option. Details on what needs to be done should most likely be
>   provided in /usr/share/doc/ledgersmb.  Otherwise, you should probably
>   choose this option. Configure database for ledgersmb with
>   dbconfig-common? YES
> * Please provide a password for ledgersmb to register with the database
>   server.  If left blank, a random  password will be generated. . If
>   you are using "ident" based authentication, the supplied password
>   will not be used and can be left blank.  Otherwise, PostgreSQL access
>   may need to be reconfigured to allow password-authenticated access.
>   PostgreSQL application password for ledgersmb: ledgersmb
> * An error occurred while installing the database: ERROR: syntax error
>   at or near "#" LINE 1: # Configure ledgersmb user permissions
>
> Cheers,
>
>         -vlado
>
> --
> Vladimir Botka