Re: Install in Debian Mint via aptitude

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014, Paul Bolger wrote:

> I did notice that the apache api version is 20051115 which looks like
> a date to me... This is my first real encounter with postgres, so
> lot's of unfamiliar stuff.

Paul,

   Looks like a date to me, too.

> cpan[6]> install mod_rewrite
> Warning: Cannot install mod_rewrite, don't know what it is.
> Which I guess means I have the wrong name.

   Yes, and it's an apache module, not a perl one. My mistake

> To clarify: am I trying to install a postgres version of mod_rewrite
> for apache2?

   No.

   Try looking for mod_rewrite on your system with 'locate'. On my Slackware
system it's in /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so. Also check httpd.conf;
the line for mod_rewrite should not be commented out:

LoadModule rewrite_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so

   If the module is installed (and it should be) and there's no '#' in front
of the above lines, then one of the development crew will need to advise
you. I'm far from an expert on httpd and perl.

Rich