Re: General Ledger queries

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Benedict White <..hidden..> wrote:
  Right, now I'm up an running on a test system, I have this company,
started with £10 of share capital and a directors loan of say £1000.

I am assuming that I enter the share capital via a GL transaction,
(Journal entry) where I credit the relevant share account, and debit the
bank account, because now they (the bank) owe the company money?

I take it then I credit the directors loan account and debit the bank
account as well, though this seems to make slightly less sense.

Yes.  That is both correct (assuming your  £1000 is a loan to the company from the director, not the other way around).  What doesn't make sense about it?

Kind regards

Benedict White

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more