Re: Further setup questions

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
snip
# psql
psql: FATAL:  role "root" does not exist

In most linux distros, you will need to:

sudo -u postgres psql

# sudo -u postgres psql
psql (9.3.2)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# ALTER USER dbantel WITH PASSWORD sh8l0m VALID UNTIL tomorrow
postgres-#

Sorry, my bad,  There are two changes you need to make to that.  You can ctrl-C to return to a new statement prompt.

ALTER USER dbantel WITH PASSWORD 'sh8l0m' VALID UNTIL 'tomorrow';

Note the single quotes and the trailing semicolon.

Had to add the double quotes around the username as well.

And note this is a temporary password only valid until the day changes so you will need to reset it through the user interface quickly.

Now for the rest of the story! (At least I'm back in!)

Darald