Re: Start a new system -> initial filling of thestock

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
On 29/01/2014 12:46, Pongrácz István wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> > Enter a vendor invoice against "Inventory Entity" for your initial
> inventory.
>
> Thanks Chris, I tried it, it works in that case, it increases the
> stock as expected.
>
> So, you mean, the vendor could be the Inventory entity?
>
> If I put amounts on the invoice for the goods, it will increase some
> accounts.

Set the discount to 100%.

Note that if you do this, it will not adjust cost of goods sold as you sell the inventory, and you may have to adjust.

Another option is to enter at current inventory value and then enter a GL account resetting relevant accounts to 0.

Nigel

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml