Re: v1.3.36 fails update on add transaction

Hi,

Invoice created field is for register the date, when the invoice created. It could be different than the Transaction or Due dates.

The system technically does not know these details of the transaction.

There are national rules, where one have to pay attention when one issue the invoice and what is the transaction date and due dates. For example transaction date must be less or equal +/-15 days to invoice created date.

Probably there are countries, where invoice created date is not relevant or always the same as the transaction day, but there are a lot of other countries, where one must handle these dates individually.

If the system cannot provide this functionality, maybe 50% of potential users cannot use the system, because it cannot provide even the basic functions, which are must have such an invoice/ledger system.

An other example: there are a strict rule by the government, where issuing an invoice earlier than the last invoice is not allowed. For example: I issue an invoice today, the invoice created date is 24-01-2014. A customer asks me to issue an invoice with date 16-01-2014, with a good system it is not allowed, because we are not in a time machine to jump back in time. So, these dates are necessary to be able to block tax cheating or other illegal / not legal transactions.

I hope it helps to understand the situation.

Cheers,
István
(Hungary)