Re: v1.3.36 fails update on add transaction

Update works.. but save fails with:

apache logged error:
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type date:
"", referer: http://example.org/ledgersmb/ap.pl
LINE 17:    crdate = '',, referer: http://example.org/ledgersmb/ap.pl
^ at LedgerSMB/AA.pm line 403., referer: http://example.org/ledgersmb/ap.pl

gui output:
UPDATE ap
SET invnumber = ?,
ordnumber = ?,
transdate = ?,
taxincluded = ?,
amount = ?,
duedate = ?,
paid = ?,
datepaid = ?,
netamount = ?,
curr = ?,
notes = ?,
intnotes = ?,
department_id = ?,
ponumber = ?,
crdate = ?,
reverse = ?
WHERE id = ?

ERROR: invalid input syntax for type date: ""
LINE 17: crdate = '',
^

Chris Travers said the following on 01/24/2014 01:20 PM:
> can you send me your apache and postgresql logs for the relevant date?
>  You can send it off-list if you want.
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Klavs Klavsen <..hidden..
> <mailto:..hidden..>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I finally found time and opportunity to setup ledgersmb, for use in a
>     new company :)
>
>     I am used to SL.
>
>     When I go to AP, add transaction and choose a vendor, choose update -
>     all is fine.
>
>     Then I enter an invoice number, an invoice date, enter the amount and
>     choose update - it fails and only says:
>     SELECT id, name FROM entity WHERE id IN (SELECT entity_id FROM
>     entity_employee WHERE (startdate IS NULL OR startdate <= ?) AND (enddate
>     IS NULL OR enddate >= ?) AND sales = '1' ) ORDER BY name ERROR: current
>     transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
>
>     I tried entering the VAT amount, and the due date manually - but that
>     didn't change anything.
>
>     Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong here?
>
>     --
>     Regards,
>     Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - ..hidden.. <mailto:..hidden..> -
>     http://www.vsen.dk - Tlf. 61281200
>
>     "Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
>       --Henry Spencer

> --
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
>
> Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor
> lock-in.
> http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml

Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - ..hidden.. - http://www.vsen.dk - Tlf. 61281200