Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.x and Apache v2.4?

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Robert J. Clay" ..hidden..
Címzett: ..hidden.., "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" ..hidden..
Dátum: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 03:57:21 -0500

>> I will confess it is somewhat difficult as I am currently running Apache
>> 2.2, and haven't had time to upgrade my dev environment.
>
> That's one of the things that has delayed me getting back to
> working on LedgerSMB (and others things, like the perl modules); not
> only needed to get my work station set up for being able to work in
> the various distro versions I might need, but also needed to have
> separate test systems available for them as well...

Hi Robert,

Personally I still focuse on 1.3 line, but instead of Apache, I use nginx + fcgiwrap to run lsmb.
Beside of this, I had to tweak my latex environment to be able to print utf-8 chars in PDF (the info available on the ledgersmb.org, thanks to other contributors).

My setup based on Debian Wheezy and it is an openvz container.

Depends on your environment, I can recommend the following to you:
- use a virtual machine or container (openvz/lxc) to bring up an environment for lsmb
- as this is a server, not a desktop, you should stuck with debian wheezy
- if you prefer apache, just install ledgersmb via the package manager -> it will install every dependencies you need. You can upgrade the ledgersmb manually or tweak your settings (remove ledgersmb itself and modify your configs to your needs).

- Optionally you can install nginx and fcgiwrap together -> apt-get install nginx fcgiwrap , that's all. You can find a sample config a short README in the latest svn snapshot in the 1.3 line, check the contrib directory.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
István