Re: Fwd: Migrating from another accounting system

I've got a couple of merchants interested in using LedgerSMB. They are currently using Quickbooks, and it is imperative that their data be loaded into LedgerSMB. Two kinds of data: lists (eg, customers, vendors, products, addresses, etc.) and transactions (which customers owes us money? what vendors do we owe? revenues? expenses? etc.)

Loading list data is straightforward. But, I'm still not clear loading transaction data. The merchant wants to be able to search for (and view a list of) products a customer has purchased (perhaps for marketing or to re-order a previously ordered product). Should invoices (purchases and sales) be loaded into the invoice table? How would you go about this task? What tables would you populate with data?

Thanks.
Brian

Activus Technologies
Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
  • LedgerSMB Accounting Software Integrated with Amazon Marketplace
  • Integrated Payment Solutions