Re: user authorisation checkboxes not visible after copy database

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Max van Biezen <..hidden..> wrote:
hi,

I have created in 1.3.33 a DB with a little bit of data. I have two valid admin users. Every part of the user credentials is visible and can be edited.

Now I copy this DB, logged on with  postgres super-user role, in setup and I copy DB to DB2.

When I log into DB2 the users are there but the check boxes to set the user permissions are not visible. When have added a thrird user with setup and give that full permissions then I do not have the check boxes either.

How can I manually give full permissions to these users in DB2 by editing in psql? Did I miss a step in process? I have not encountered errors.

There is a developer-only setting that can be used to counteract this.

INSERT INTO defaults (setting_key, value) values ('role_prefix', 'lsmb_[old_dbname]__');

This is done so that new users are not granted permissions to the old database unintentionally.  If you set that setting, however, the two will be linked in this way.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml