Re: New install, initial configuration failures

Hello,

Sorry to drudge up an old topic, but seems as reasonable as starting it
over...

I am just messing around with a sandbox and I encountered this problem.

> > I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition, which is 100% compatible with
> latest Debian (sorry, I never can stay in tune with the debian names).
>
> No problem :-)  Latest stable is called Wheezy.

I am playing on debian jessie, the current testing.

> > I have version 1.3.18-2 installed from the repos.  Installation is
> complete and appeared to complete without any issues.  I'm running it
> against Postgres 9.1 (already installed for other applications).

I am not using packages, I downloaded the 1.3.33 tarball.  I am loosely
following the ubuntu tutorial for the 1.3 series.

> Ok. Do you have the postgresql-contrib-9.1 package installedas well?

Yes.

> > I've gotten the setup.pl running, and get part way through the
> wizzard until it prompts for loading general.sql,

I create the database, then if I click skip I get the error, or if I
choose the country and language, I get the error clicking next.

> > [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1] LINE 1: SELECT *
> FROM "public"."person__list_salutations"(), referer:
> http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
> > [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1]
> ^, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
> > [Mon Jul 08 15:41:24 2013] [error] [client ::1] HINT:  No function
> matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add
> explicit type casts. at LedgerSMB.pm line 828., referer:
> http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl

Same error, slightly elaborated:

AH01215: LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "public"."person__list_salutations"(),
referer: https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
AH01215: ^, referer: https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
AH01215: HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types.
You might need to add explicit type casts. at LedgerSMB.pm line 833.,
referer: https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
AH01215: Can't call method "errstr" on an undefined value at
LedgerSMB.pm line 1085., referer:
https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
AH01215: Compilation failed in require
at /var/www/ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl line 8., referer:
https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
AH01215: Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect()
of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=computerisms
at /var/www/ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl line 8., referer:
https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl
End of script output before headers: setup.pl, referer:
https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl

> This bit means the the base files - notably Pg-database.sql - did not
> load succesfully.

Hmm... okay.  The database exists, but dropping it and starting over
shows that there are indeed errors in loading the database.  Here are
the first few lines of the postgres log after clicking the yes button to
create the database:

2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT ERROR:  relation "partscustomer" does not exist
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT STATEMENT:  ALTER TABLE partscustomer RENAME
customer_id TO credit_id;
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT STATEMENT:  ALTER TABLE partsvendor RENAME
entity_id TO credit_id;
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT ERROR:  relation "menu_attribute" does not exist
at character 8
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT STATEMENT:  update menu_attribute set value =
'receive_order' where value  =
	'consolidate_sales_order' and node_id = '65';
2013-08-19 12:42:10 PDT ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block

> There are logs in /tmp/ledgersmb. Can you analyse those and send us
> either the whole file or just the few first errors?

Turns out this is the problem...

I dont' have these logs, which prompted me to find this in the apache
logs:

AH01215: sh: 1: cannot create /tmp/ledgersmb/dblog_stdout: Permission
denied, referer: https://ledger.computerisms.com/setup.pl

This is all created as root, and the web user I have assigned does not
have access to this tmpdir.  I changed the tmpdir in ledgersmb.conf to a
place where the web user does have permission to create these files.
When I tried recreating the database, I am able to get past this error
and am presented with the page to create users in the setup.pl.

FWIW, there are still bucketloads of errors in the postgres logs.  most,
but not all, are "already exists" errors.  Perhaps the making of a new
post??  time will tell...