Re: Returning Security Deposits

Bill:

I'm not an accountant but SL user since 2002...

I would set up deposit as a liability account with receivable income and
payable expense as options as it certainly isn't an asset nor revenue...

Don't use AR invoice and use AR transaction to receive the deposite as you
neither offering a service nor selling a part.

Same, use AP transaction (yes, set up customer as vendor, too, it would be
nice to have a button that do that for you)to pay the vendor/customer.

Record both the transactions in the liability account you had setup...

You can cut a check to return the deposit...

This, only get worst if you are selling tangible goods...I know...hope
this works...Tim