Returning Security Deposits

I am running a small building with 17 tenants.  I collect security
deposits at the beginning of the least from each "customer". At the end
of the least I need to return the deposit.  I need the customer to be a
vendor in order to move the deposit to accounts payable and then pay
them from checking. Is there any way short of duplicating the customer
as a vendor to allow this transaction?

Regards,
Bill Ott

Cell: 919-434-7589