Re: Putting items "on sale"

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
Can someone explain the following terms?
Where would you use each and how they affect each other?

  Group (Parts Group)

This is a way to categorize  parts for searching or the like.

  Price Group

A group of customers who get group pricing.

  Break (on the Edit Part screen at the bottom; is this a percentage?)

Yes, it is a percentage off

  Discount (dropdown list on Customer screen)
Account that early payment discounts go int.

  Discount (two text fields on the Customer screen)
field 1, % off, field 2, if paid in x days.

Basically there are three mechanisms for discounts.

The first are "business types" which can have across the board discounts on *everything.*  This is a very broad tool and may be merged into the price matrix system at some point.

The second are customer and pricegroup pricing.  Thats what is set on the parts screen.

The third is the early payment discount which is probably not what you are looking for here.

I am wondering about the best way to address your workflow from where we are.  If nobody comes up with a solution, I will offer my thoughts on -devel tomorrow.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml