Re: Some issues.

Den 14. juli 2013 20:12, skrev Erik Huelsmann:
[...]
>      >  > typically, it takes 6-8 seconds to most screens to show up
>      >
>      > That's really way too slow.
>      > Netherlands myself). The response times are less than a second
>
>     I have thought of that, and I do have some strange issues with DNS; now
>     and then I have to restart BIND to get it working.
>
> To get LedgerSMB working? Or to get the server working at all? I mean,
> you say that you're using intranet on the same server. Does intranet
> work when you have to restart BIND "to get it working"?

Sorry.. To get BIND resolving external DNS addresses again. I only
mentioned this as DNS could be a possible cause. I have actually tested
if intranet works on these occations but I believe it does - I suspect
that BIND for some reasons does not consult external DNS services in
some situations when it should. Probably this should not influence on
how lsmb performs...  I will investigate when/if this occurs again.

To clearify:

I run lsmb on a local server (PostgreSQL (9.1) and Apache2 also, of
course). On the same server I run DNS service for my LAN. I access lsmb
from another computer on the LAN using Firefox.

> The 'ledgersmb.conf' file usually contains the name of the host to be
> used as the database IP connection host. If you're using a database on
> the local host, it's best to enter 'localhost' there - not the name of
> the host in the DNS.

It is set to 'localhost'.

> Actually, what I do when I run against a database which is local, I
> enter the unix domain socket file's directory as the host name. On my
> debian system that's /var/run/postgresql/. This reduces chances of your
> firewall interfering with your database connection.
>
>     The only errors I can find is this and seems related to login:
>
>     /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.1-main.log:
>     2013-07-14 16:53:58 CEST LOG:  could not receive data from client:
>     Connection reset by peer
>
>     /var/log/apache2/error.log:
>     [Sun Jul 14 16:53:58 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] DBI
>     connect('dbname=nix','',...) failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>     at LedgerSMB.pm line 986, referer: http://ledgersmb.kingel.net/login.pl
>
> Hmm. if you're able to log in afterwards, this is a bit unexplicable.
> Does this happen on every page? or just when logging in?

Just on login.

>     I have this in /usr/share/postgresql/9.1/pg_hba.conf:
>     host  all  all  127.0.0.1/32    http://127.0.0.1/32    md5
>     host  all  all  192.168.1.0/24  http://192.168.1.0/24  md5

What do these two lines in pg_hba.conf mean?:

@..hidden.. "local" is for Unix domain socket connections
only
@..hidden..  all  all  @authmethodlocal@

> Ok. I assume you have restarted the postgresql server after you changed
> its configuration files (such as pg_hba.conf)?

Yes, more than once. :-)

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards      |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway        /,`--''        \-,,__,'/