Re: Bug or Feature: "Shipping > Receive" and "Create Vendor Invoice" both enter parts into inventory

Zev is using 1.3.33.
However, since we did a few customization, updates may not have been taken on all modules.
How do we NOW merge in any changes that would affect this functionality?

When does the company actually take possession of the goods they're purchasing?  At receiving (when the company has physical possession of the goods) or when paying for them (vendor invoice)?

It seems to me that a company should be able to CHOOSE which methodology to follow.  Some companies consider the goods belonging to them after they receive them.  This approach would create a liability to pay for the goods.  Other companies have to pay for goods BEFORE they are shipped, since some vendors will not let let goods leave their warehouses unless paid for.

Unless a company can choose which methodology to follow, some may find the workflow awkward since it doesn't fit their situation.  Being able to choose when accounting and inventory changes are applied makes LedgerSMB highly customizable.

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.