Re: Void invoices showing as outstanding

Hi Linda, Nigel,

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
On 03/06/2013 16:50, Linda Hillier wrote:
> I'm quite new to ledger-smb and I'm having a hard time figuring out how
> to clear void invoices from showing as outstanding or listing in
> cash->receipts.
>
> Would the correct process be just to mark the original unpaid invoice
> and the void invoice as paid?

That's what I do.

It's covered in the book (http://book.ledgersmb.org/) section "Invalidating invoices" [34.4], which indeed says that's the way to do it. Because the book may not be the first place people look, I've just created a new FAQ item (http://ledgersmb.org/faq/accounting/why-do-void-invoices-show-my-open-invoices-list) with roughly the same content.

HTH,

Erik.