payments processing fails in 1.3.29

Hello, I didn't find this problem in the list of fixed bugs for 1.3.32,
so I'm afraid it's me that is doing something wrong or what.

I try to process a payment by going to Cash|Receipt/Payment|<Customer
Name>|Continue.
Then on any invoice line I check the check-box at the right of the
invoice for which I just received/did a payment, and press 'Update'.
What happens then is that the invoice being 'updated' has disappeared
from the screen, so posting doesn't seem an option anymore either.
I'm also a bit weary about hitting 'Post' without 'Update' first.

Did I miss something?