Re: upgrade problem

Hi Bob;

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Bob Miller <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Chris,

I considered a caching problem too.  I force reloaded, then I cleared
history/cookies/cache in my browser, then just to be sure loaded it up
in a browser on a different machine that had never been to that site.
So definitely not a cache on the browser side.

A browser-side cache issue would be a bug btw.

Apache has no self-compliled modules, it's all from apt.  I do run the
mpm-itk so as to run multiple sites under different usernames.  I can't
see how that would be a problem, but it is probably the most (only?)
unusual thing about my setup.

Is there any possibility you are running LedgerSMB over FastCGI instead of plain ordinary CGI?   The former caches code (which includes the relevant version modules) by default.

> Can you:
>

> grep VERSION  /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/LedgerSMB.pm

grep VERSION  /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/LedgerSMB.pm
our $VERSION = '1.3.31';
    $self->{version} = $VERSION;
    $self->{VERSION} = $VERSION;

- I got a whim:

grep -R VERSION ./* | grep 29
./blib/lib/LedgerSMB.pm:our $VERSION = '1.3.29';
./Makefile:#     VERSION => q[1.3.29]

That just means that was the last time you ran perl Makefile.PL and make.

- I unpacked the source code in /usr/src:

less /usr/src/ledgersmb/blib/lib/LedgerSMB.pm
/usr/src/ledgersmb/blib/lib/LedgerSMB.pm: No such file or directory

l /usr/src/ledgersmb/blib
ls: cannot access /usr/src/ledgersmb/blib: No such file or directory

- ^^ Is that a design or a clue?

Yes, blib is a temporary directory created during the make/make test process.  It is not packaged by us.

- `sed -i s/1.3.29/1.3.31/ blib/lib/LedgerSMB.pm` did not fix the
problem

Yeah, these files are copies of what was there when you ran make/make test...

Hmmm there is one other area I can think of:

locate LedgerSMB.pm

It is possible you ran make install.  If that happened you'd probably still be running 1.3.29.  You could run perl Makefile.PL && make && make install to correct that or clean up your site perl directory (either would fix it).

Best Wishes,
Chris Ttravers