Re: LedgerSMB 1.2.18

Hi Scott,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Scott Martin <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi ,

We have been pulling our hair out trying to get existing data from 1.2 to show up in 1.3.25 running Debian.

This is a known issue: the data validity assumptions present in 1.2 have been coded into the 1.3 datamodel as data restrictions as much as possible. This means that it may be very hard to move data (which may have become invalid due to missing restrictions) into the 1.3 data model.
Is there any way to do this or do I need to start from scratch? Its probably a permission or postgres thing but have all but given up. Postgres is 9.1. running PGADMIN3 the data shows as being there.

It's absolutely possible to do and others have done it before you. However, often data needed to be fixed (to become valid) before the data migration was able to proceed. Also, users on 1.2 use a very different authentication scheme from 1.3. Either may cause your issues, however from the description you're giving, I can't conclude whichever applies.

Would it be an option for you to use more interactive media to work through your issues? Maybe irc://chat.freenode.net/#ledgersmb is an option for you, or maybe a gTalk session can be used? E-mail is simply too high-latency to resolve issues like these.

There's also the option to hire a consultant to log into your system and resolve your issues for you, of course.

I hope any of the above can help resolve the situation.

Bye,

Erik.