Best practice: add users

One of our clients has two databases. They've added several users / employees In one of the databases, and therefore those users are PostgreSQL login roles.  They now want to begin to use the second database, and "carry over" some of the users / employees.

Can someone explain clearly best practice for adding users / employees, particularly when a login role may already exist?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.