Re: 1 byte pdfs

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 03:37 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> In the past I have found that this sort of thing happened when data
> was imported from other sources and had very unusual (and usually
> untypable) characters in it, such as em-dashes in the case I ran into
> before.  I dont know whether xetex handles this better.
>

> could you provide a screenshot to me of the screen just before you hit
> print?

That was the hint I needed.  I first had to look up the difference
between an em-dash and a regular hyphen, and then when I looked closely
at the hyphens on the page I noted that one was a little bit longer than
the others.  removed and retyped that hyphen and everything printed as
expected.  Went through my goods list and found about a dozen more of
the longer dashes and replaced them all, so that problem should be
solved now.

I can't imagine what kind of pain you went through to figure that one
out, thank you so much for sharing...