Re: Debian new Install

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM, geordie <..hidden..> wrote:
> OK
> I purged postgresql and ledgersmb and reinstalled.
> http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl I am able to access the page
> Super-user login ledgersmb

    You're using the current LedgerSMB package in Debian Testing?  And
took the non-default option to configure it during the package
installation?

> 2013-03-13 20:54:56 EDT FATAL:  database "Company" does not
> exist DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  permission denied to create
> database at LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 429.

> Is this a permissions issue? and if so what files or directory?

      It may be a permissions issue for the ledgersmb user, depending
on how that was set up.  If the permissions on the 'ledgersmb' user
are not correct, run the following sql (in psql as the system user
'postgres', for instance):

ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT;

      Then try setup.pl again.

--
Robert J. Clay