Re: need a little help installing perl module perl-Config-Std for F18 install of ledgersmb-1.3.29

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 00:10 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM, ario <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>         because I can't find it.
>
>         http://ledgersmb.org/download says: Enable the EPEL
>         repository, but I
>         guess this only applies if one wants to install to RHEL and
>         its flavors
>         CentOS & Scientific Linux.
>
>         Installing via cpan's cpanm results in that the module
>         (perl-Config-Std)
>         isn't found by the rpm.
>

> Yes, what actually happens is that it gets installed in the local root
> path.
>

> The first thing you will have to do is get rid of it where it is
>

> for example
>

> printenv | grep  PERL_MM_OPT

returns an empty string

So I thought let's install 'dag wieers'
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/perl-Config-Std/perl-Config-Std-0.900-1.rf.src.rpm
which claims to be distro-independent.

Then

$ sudo rpm -Uvh it, then tar xzg the perl-Config-Std-0.900.tar.gz file

run

$ perl Makefile.PL
$ make
$ make test
$ sudo make install
and then
$ sudo yum localinstall ledgersmb-1.3.29-1.noarch.rpm

But still it's complaining there is no perl-Config-Std

bummer... what now?