Re: Can't call method "quote_identifier" on an undefined value

On 12/26/2012 02:12 PM, Steven Troxel wrote:
> Attempting to install LedgerSMB (ledgersmb-1.3.26) on a clean install of
> Debian Squeeze. I have gone through the installation instructions and get
> to the second from the last step of running setup.pl where the page that
> asks via a scroll-down menu for the scheme to use (ie General.sql or
> Service.sql). Selecting General.sql the next page errors out.
>
> I go into the Apache error log and the pertinent errors appears to be this
> (I noticed some permission errors on /tmp but fixed those)
>

>> INFO - LedgerSMB::Scripts::setup::create_db -- create_and_load rc=1
>
>> Can't call method "quote_identifier" on an undefined value at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/LedgerSMB.pm line 795.,
> 92.168.1.10/ledgersmb/setup.pl
>
>> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/ledgersmb/setup.pl line 8.
>
>> Premature end of script headers: setup.pl, referer:
> http://192.168.1.10/ledgersmb/setup.pl
>
> The line in question is:
>
> $procname = $dbh->quote_identifier($procname);
>
> which if I look up a few lines the object $dbh is defined as:
>
> my $dbh = $LedgerSMB::App_State::DBH;
>
> Any pointers?

Sorry for the slow reply - I'm returning to the office today.

I'm another ledgersmb newbie.

However I also had trouble getting ledgersmb to work (in a non-standard setting though),
and noted that after choosing which General.sql file, then the database starts
to be accessed.

In my case, all the SQL functions were failing to load.  I'm still looking
into it (made no effort during Christmas break).  I think I may have found
a workaround for my problem.

In your case, I wonder if the DB is created and ready for ledgersmb to
access?  You might have to createuser ledgersmb; createdb -O ledgersmb before
running setup.pl in order to tell Postgres to prepare a DB called ledgersmb.

I will have to try my "bootstrap" method again this weekend before being
confident that I understand what is going on, though.

I'm only answering because I didn't see an answer from anyone else yet.
I haven't caught up on the backlog - these ledgersql people were busy over
the holidays!

--
}{ Centre for Research and Experimental Development in Informatics Libre

Brenda J. Butler
..hidden..
+1 613 693 0684  #3202
F3018 - 283 Alexandre Taché
Gatineau (QC) J9A 1L8 CANADA
Sustainable Innovation // Innovation Durable