Hth,

Erik.

sent from my phone

On Nov 8, 2012 11:02 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Erik,
I've suggested to the man the we find an old machine (running Ubuntu 9.xx on this nice new shiny one fails with no ethernet driver!) as per the machine the backup came off. Not ideal, but may be necessary. Postgres 8.1 might be a problem though, as it seems to have vanished from the web.

Cheers
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..>
To: ledger-smb-users <..hidden..>
Sent: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:17
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Restoring from backup

Hi Richard,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
Back to where I was 3 weeks ago - the 1.2 dbase seems ok, but it will not update to 1.3. Has anyone actually achieved this or am I trying to do the impossible? Looks like the company will probably go bust now, can't find stock in the stores, no stock control, unable to produce accounts etc etc...

Sorry to hear that. Have you considered installing 1.2 instead? Maybe 1.2.26? That'd reduce the pressure on the upgrade process.

Bye,

Erik.