Re: LedgerSMB in Ubuntu

I just finished installing current ledgersmb in ubuntu using the normal install. Debian packages were a little older and I guess it's also easier to get security updates that way.

From the INSTALL file, I think the only extra packages I had to apt-get that wasn't mentioned there were libmodule-install-perl and libio-stringy-perl

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 11:23 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:
> ....  I understand that the feature freeze for Ubuntu
> 12.10 will be in August, so which version of LedgerSMB makes it in there
> will depend on which version makes it into Debian unstable by that time.

   What made it in is v1.3.18-1 of the LedgerSMB package, and that is
what is currently available in Ubuntu v12.10; newer versions (currently,
v1.3.22) will migrate when the auto migration from Debian is enabled
again.

   I'm investigating what is needed to get LedgerSMB packages backported
to, for instance, the Ubuntu LTS versions like v10.04 or v12.04.  More
when I have further information.

Jame