Re: Still Cannot Log In

On 22/10/12 18:15, Robert James Clay wrote:
On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 11:49 -0400, lrspares45 wrote:
Hi,
I've got lesgersmb 1.3.18 installed now on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Still not
able to login though. It appears that Setup is failing too, the
postgres log has rucks of 'passsword authentication failed...'
errors, and every time I run it it wants to upgrade the dbase from
1.3.
    Which indicates to me that the name you're giving is for a v1.2 LSMB
database which hasn't yet been successfully converted to a v1.3 LSMB
database.

    For testing purposes; have you tried creating a new LSMB database?

Ah, I'd assumed the dbase upgrade took care of that. I'll try a dummy dbase too, should have thought of that!

   I can see the LedgerSMB users with phphgadmin, and the dbase users
with psql, as far as I can tell the all have the necessary
permissions.
    Which users?  For instance, if this is from the "official"
Debian/Ubuntu package (which I am the maintainer for), then a
'ledgersmb' database admin user (the one to be used in setup.pl) should
be present but may not be configured correctly. (For instance, to
correct: ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT;)

Ok, I'll try that. I did try ALTER ROLE but got sytax errors.

Jame

Cheers
Richard