Re: Can't email out invoices etc

On 17/10/12 18:16, Robert James Clay wrote:
On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 13:04 -0400, Kevin Bailey wrote:
I've installed a completely new LS on to a vanilla Debian squeeze.  I
have an error when trying to send out an invoice attached to an email.

'Error!

open |/usr/bin/sendmail -t: No such file or directory
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/LedgerSMB/Mailer.pm line 220.'

I'm going to do my usual thing with a Debian server and install
Postfix - this may well provide the required executable - but any
other notes or hints would be gratefully received.
   Have you tried using nullmailer?  That's what I use for such
situations...

   Or you could configure the 'smtphost' item in the config file and have
it send directly to a local mail server instead of depending on the what
available on the LSMB server...

What do these things mean?

Regards,

Kevin Bailey