Re: Can't parse version ''..'' on Windows 7

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 03:37 -0400, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Emmanuel Asante
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>         I am not able to install the Perl modules when I run 'perl
>         Makefile.PL'. I get the above error message, and looking at
>         the Makefile created, the version number is not written as
>         ascii characters but as binary word.

> Which Win32 Perl are you using?

    I see the same issue on a WinXP system with Strawberry Perl.
Problem seems to be the the version number entry in the Makefile.PL file
is not quoted; putting single quotes around it resolves the issue.

    Note that on my Linux system, it doesn't appear to come up with an
error but the version information shows up in, for instance, the
generated MYMETA.yml as:  version: "\x01\x03\x17"

    That was a package test build for 1.3.23 rc1. I hadn't noticed with
1.3.22 because I had a patch to change that version line to get the
version number from LedgerSMB.pm because the version listed there was
wrong.

Jame