Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Instructions : host multiple unrelated companies on a server
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:35:25 -0400
From: Brian Wolf <..hidden..>
To: ..hidden..

>>- Create a new PostgreSQL instance.

I had created a new instance.

>>- Edit PostgreSQL startup scripts ( and reload (restart) PostgreSQL)

Specifically, which files?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.
On 09/17/2012 08:18 AM, Håvard Sørli wrote:
On 13. sep. 2012 02:22, Brian Wolf wrote:

The safest way:
--------------
Deploy multiple instances
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.user/6243

LedgerSMB setup
- Copy the LedgerSMB directory to a new one (eg, lsmb-demo to lsmb-acme).
- Edit ledgersmb.conf to point to the new port number.
- Re-generate a new configuration for this service by running sed on the
existing
   configuration file (in /etc/httpd/conf.d on Red Hat-like systems)
   to change one directory to another
- Restart Apache.
You forgot to:
- Create a new PostgreSQL instance.
- Edit PostgreSQL startup scripts ( and reload (restart) PostgreSQL)

Test your setup with a psql connection to the new port.