Re: deleting an invoice

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
On 30/08/2012 20:29, Tone Irene Andersen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> You arent suppose to delete an invoice, rather void it. If you delete it you
> make issues in your books.

That's true, but he shouldn't be getting an pg error message, especially
if there is a "delete" button for him to press

This is true.  I forget what we decided to do about this in 1.3.  In 1.4 you can't delete but you can void.  The thing is:

1)  Disabling transaction reversal enforcement kind of puts you on unsupported territory anyway.   There are a lot of hidden gotchas that happen when you start deleting invoices and these don't have accepted solutions accounting-wise because you aren't supposed to delete them.  For example you can end up with *really* weird COGS numbers.

2)  At the same time occasionally we run into cases where people can't do without deleting the invoices.  So we have the option.

I am thinking the best solution here is to put a warning on the audit controls screen so people are aware that this is not a supported configuration and that more work will need to be done by whoever disables it.

What do other people think?