Re: Upgrading ledgersmb 1.2.26 to svn master: upgrade to branches/1.3 first?

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
> Would like to migrate an existing ledgersmb 1.2.26 (svn branches/1.2 actually)
> database to 1.4 (svn master).
>
> What is the recommended migration step chain for this operation? Do I migrate to
> svn branches/1.3 first, and then to master?

Hi Jeff;

First, if you do this right now, expect to spend some time
contributing fixes to the upgrade logic.  The upgrade logic is under a
little bit of current change because we are supporting both 1.2-1.4
and 1.3-1.4 upgrades.  I expect within a few days for all of this to
be working properly at least enough for a 1.3-1.4 upgrade.  A 1.2-1.4
upgrade should be no problem though.

A second thing is that if you start doing this, let me know.  I have
not started maintaining db version to db version upgrades yet.  I was
planning on starting this at beta 1, but could start earlier if
needed.