Re: Internal Server Error saving Purchase Transaction

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Nick Prater <..hidden..> wrote:
>  The problem is still specific to the latest Perl module.  Typically the
> thing to do is to find older versions and use them instead.
>
> However if you can provide some sample data and a workflow that allows me
> to be able to reproduce, I could send you a patch quickly.

Thank you. In the next few days I'll either post some sample data to
demonstrate the problem, or, if I can work it out for myself, a patch that
fixes it.

The problem occurs when a number isn't properly initialized and parsed or formatted.  If we initialize to zero during the format process this has some side effects, so we have to do this in the bin/ files.  I believe we changed this in 1.4 so that uninitialized numbers are set as 0 for old code but it required a fair bit of other logic to prevent other problems from occurring.

If you are on the -devel list I can post what I have done to track these sorts of problems down.  Otherwise I can reply privately (I try to keep this list somewhat free of discussion of the internals of the software).