Re: Cash Income statement not giving correct values?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku <..hidden..> wrote:

On Wed Jul  4 19:03:09 2012, Chris Travers wrote:
> Also I will probably push the income statement and balance sheet
> reports ahead of payroll at this point as well.  I would expect an
> alternative at least in trunk within a week or two.

OK, this makes sense.  I believe I've not ever got a good cash report.
I'm totally willing to print invoices and manually report these values.
 I can understand why cash reporting could be difficult, but almost all
of these were paid on or near when invoiced.  Maybe it was the "near"
invoiced, that was the issue.  I will be having some issues with some
invoices being billed at the end of the month, and being paid at the
beginning of the following month.  I just wish I could be sure they
came up when I searched.  Because I believe that I have an invoice that
will either not be paid, or will be paid some time very far in the
future.

Still, I can understand the not ever working, and removing a feature
that isn't working, rather than trying to fix it.

Thinking back to discussions on cash reports way back on the old SL lists....  I actually think the way the SL code addresses this problem is problematic.    It looks to AR_paid and AP_paid accounts when it would be better to look at the balance of the AR and AP accounts instead.