Re: Confusion on payments with discounts.

Hi Matthew,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Matthew Bourque <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
... does it help if you make the account an expense or contra-income account?

No. I tried all of the following: contra-liabilities (the original setup) contra-expense, income, expense, and contra-income. (The last two didn't make sense to me in an accounting context - shouldn't these discounts be considered a income or against my expenses or liabilities? Anyway, I tried these settings and didn't get anything different.) Just to be completely clear, when I say I tried these settings, what I mean is that I went to System -> chart of accounts -> list accounts, then selected the purchase discounts account I had made earlier, put in one of the above settings in the account type pulldown menu, adjusted the "contra" checkbox, and clicked "save". Then I went back to Cash -> payments, chose the vendor with the open invoice & tried again to pay with "apply discount" checked.

Just set up a clean testing company and tried the reproduction recipe described inÂhttps://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3539177&group_id=175965&atid=875350. I'm now seeing the same error as you are. Haven't identified the source yet, but I'm able to reproduce. I'll look at it some more, later tonight. I hope to be able to close into the problem then.

Bye,

Erik.