Re: Assigning vendor to a part

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to LedgerSMB.
>

> Welcome. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to mail. We'll do our
> best to respond asap.
>

>> After I added a vendor and a part (in two separate steps), I edited the
>> part and tried to assign the vendor.  But, the following error occurred:
>>
>> INSERT INTO partsvendor
>> (credit_id, parts_id,
>> partnumber, lastcost,
>> leadtime, curr)
>> VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
>> ERROR: permission denied for sequence partsvendor_entry_id_seq
>>
>> This is probably easily fixed, but I know little about Postgres
>> administration.
>

> Yes it is. I'll leave it to Chris Travers to give you the exact command to
> be executed though.

For those who need an immediate fix, the following is probably reasonably safe:

GRANT ALL ON partsvendor_entry_id_seq TO public;

Note this carries with it a small risk of denial of service in the
event that someone can execute arbitrary SQL (something which would be
rare).  My recommendation is to treat the above as a temporary grant
and revoke it after 1.3.19 where proper permissions are added for this
sequence.  After upgrading to 1.3.19, you can reverse the above by:

REVOKE ALL ON partsvendor_entry_id_seq FROM public;