Re: PDF printing on debian squeeze + 1.3.18

Hi IstvÃn,

I installed a brand new 1.3.18 on a fresh debian squeeze.

Almost everything working.

IÂhave problems with quotation PDF printing.

IÂinstalled almost every latex related packages, but still have no luck (except pricelist, it is printed well).

I tried xedemo and demo, different problems.

I used Hungarian characters, seems nothing special. HTMLÂoutput is correct.

Unfortunately, using Hungarian characters *is* something special: LaTeX doesn't handle it quite well as it wasn't designed for UTF-8 character sets (which LSMB uses internally). The solution is to use XeLaTeX (which is part of XeTeX). However, that currently requires patching Latex::Driver. However, when you do, it's no longer suitable for other programs to be used, because it'll trigger XeLaTeX and not LaTeX.

Tests

Xedemo

This directory is meant as input for XeLaTeX and can't be fed into LaTeX without the errors shown below.Â

latex error - pdflatex exited with errors:
!
l.27 \RequireXeTeX
!
l.18 \RequireXeTeX
!

Demo

latex error - pdflatex exited with errors:
! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
l.43 }
! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
l.43 }
! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:\ufffdgy not set up for use with LaTeX.
l.43 }

Right. LaTeX doesn't handle UTF-8 characters very well...

I could send you the patched files I use with PDF output for Norwegian characters, if that'd help?

Bye,

Erik.