Confusion on payments with discounts.

I am running LSMB 1.3.17, and having some difficulty with paying orders when a discount is involved.  Here is what I have done (this is all in a fictitious test company database):

My only guess is that I'm doing something wrong in designating the account for purchase discounts, but I cannot figure out what. Thanks in advance for any help.

yrs
matt