Re: Trouble converting database

Robert James Clay schreef op 05-06-12 00:34:

>>>       The 1.3.15-2 package from the Debian repository?  And over what kind
>>> of previous installation?
>>
>> Yes, from
>> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/ledgersmb/ledgersmb_1.3.15-2_all.deb
>> over the 1.3.15 tarball.
>
>     "over the 1.3.15 tarball"?

Does that sound strange? I had this one installed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/ledgersmb/1.3.15/ledgersmb-1.3.15.tar.gz

by untarring and installing as per the INSTALL file. Later, since that
didn't work, to make sure I hadn't missed any requirements I downloaded
the .deb file and did a dpkg -i of it.

>> The "normal" login (login.pl) is the one that gives me the
>> authentication errors.
>
>      Is that after the creation of an initial company database user,
> which shows up at the end of the conversion process?  Or are you getting
> that far?

I don't get that far. The conversion process tells me that the database
is ready for use and gives me a link to the login page. By then, all
data has disappeared, and the "users" table is empty.

--
www.ardispark.nl
tel. 06 5341 4670