Re: Trouble converting database

Robert James Clay schreef op 03-06-12 20:48:
> Jos,
>
> On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 09:05 -0400, Jos Geluk wrote:
>
>> So I tried with 1.3.15RC2 but didn't even get as far as that: I got an
>> Apache error saying:
>>
>> commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at scripts/setup.pl line 519.
>> Bareword found where operator expected at LedgerSMB/Template/TXT.pm line
>> 116, near "'.' get_extension"
>> 	(Missing operator before get_extension?)
>> syntax error at LedgerSMB/Template/TXT.pm line 116, near "'.' get_extension"
>> Compilation failed in require at (eval 102) line 2.
>> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/ledgersmb/setup.pl line 8.
>> [Fri Apr 13 14:44:55 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
>> script headers: setup.pl, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
>>
>> Could it be yet another Perl requirement missing?
>
>      Jos, did you ever resolve that issue?  If so, how?  There is a
> debian bug from someone who is seeing that kind of error (amongst
> others) when attempting to convert from 1.2 to 1.3.   (v1.3.15-2 with Pg
> 9.1.)

No, I haven't got it to work yet. I would be grateful if you could point
me to that particular bug.

After the error above, I installed the .deb file over it, to make sure I
hadn't missed any Perl requirements. However, that put me back to square
one, giving me the usual authentication errors. I noticed that the
Apache server hadn't even got its own host name right (this is all on a
virtual machine, not the production one), so I corrected that and
retried. I no longer get the error mentioned above, but the result is
the same: LedgerSMB happily announces the database to be converted, but
in fact all data is gone, and I can't even log in through the UI.
Meanwhile, the Apache error log is full of messages like:

2012/06/01 17:05:26 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::Auth::session_create
LedgerSMB/Auth/DB.pm (177) -- LedgerSMB/Auth/DB.pm:177: no such user:
postgres
Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of
DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=ardisparkbeheerbv at LedgerSMB/Auth.pm line 111.
2012/06/01 17:05:45 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::Auth::session_create
LedgerSMB/Auth/DB.pm (177) -- LedgerSMB/Auth/DB.pm:177: no such user:
postgres
Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of
DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=ardisparkbeheerbv at LedgerSMB/Auth.pm line 111.

There *is* a database user postgres, it is in fact the super user. I am
completely at a loss here. Converting both of our databases has gone
beyond the point where it's still fun.

Jos.

--
www.ardispark.nl