Re: Printing ledger with corresponding account listed

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM, billy akazawa <..hidden..> wrote:

>> My guess is that they are both on the report but on different dates,
>> and ordered by date first and then transaction.
>>
> Thanks, Chris!
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the corresponding Account printed
> on the ledger page?
> For example,  for a utility paid and booked into the Utilities Account. I'd
> like to use the Checking Account report to get the Checking Account ledger
> printout to have the following information:
> 2012-04-03; Gas Bill; Utilities Account; (debit field empty); (5,000 yen
> credit field); Cumulative balance
>
> I really need to include the corresponding account for it to be acceptable
> under our Japanese accounting standards.

Can you provide a clear specification for the report output you are looking for?

1)  What subset of transactions should be listed?
2)  What lines in these transactions should be listed?

There are probably ways to do this, and if there are not, then it is
likely that a back-port of the reporting framework (recently committed
to addons) from trunk would allow you to get there without too much
headache.