Re: Questions and comments on inventory management.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:16:33PM -0430, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> 3. What about inventory lost? well, things happen... lets say you get
> your parts damaged (or materials damaged, while doing manufacturing),
> how do you report that on LedgerSMB? I mean, I would have to adjust
> the inventory accordingly, and record the loss on some account
> (doubly-entry).

What we do is this: Set up a customer which is ourselves. Then
periodically do a stock take and for all the missing or damaged parts
and raise an invoice to that customer for those parts, but with 100%
discount. This gives an audit trail, adjusts the inventory to match the
actual stock and no funds change hands. Our accountant seems happy with
this, but check with yours as rules will probably vary across
jurisdictions.

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107